Recommendations to remain healthy include lowering your salt/sodium intake of food and beverages. Change your habits to cook healthy, study healthy choices, and get physically active with routine exercise.
- Cardiovascular diseases kill ~ 50,000 African American women each year.
- ~ 50 % of African American women ages 20 and older suffer from cardiovascular disease.
- Only 1 in 5 African American women is aware of their risk.
- Only 52 percent of African American women are knowledgeable about the symptoms of a heart attack.
Warning Signs of Stroke
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause